After having worked in the television and film industry for over a decade, I've decided to escape the madness and relaunch myself into the creative world of graphic design. This blog documents snippets of inspiration gathered, projects I'm working on, and miscellaneous musings. It's more of a creativity-inducing personal scrapbook than anything else, but I encourage you to peruse it's pages, and add insight and share interesting tidbits whenever possible, because they are very welcome.

October 25, 2011

The Barcode Obsession of Scott Blake


Barcodes have invaded every instance of our lives - from the food we eat to the clothes on our backs, and eventually we might find them tattooed on our own skin. But what's in a barcode? What does it signify outside of quantifying and cataloging objects? Artist Scott Blake thinks he has it all figured out. He creates large format portraits of famous people using barcodes from their work, amongst other things and has even had his work featured at Ripley's Believe It Or Not. 

Check out his site full of videos and other barcode goodies here.




Repurposing something that people see as a threat often defuses it's strength. Which brings me to wonder how others interpret how we use barcodes...I found these interesting tidbits along the way so I thought I'd share!













No comments:

Post a Comment