After having worked in the television and film industry for over a decade, I've decided to escape the madness and relaunch myself into the creative world of graphic design. This blog documents snippets of inspiration gathered, projects I'm working on, and miscellaneous musings. It's more of a creativity-inducing personal scrapbook than anything else, but I encourage you to peruse it's pages, and add insight and share interesting tidbits whenever possible, because they are very welcome.

September 2, 2010

It's About Time


Ever since I was a little kid, my grandmother would give me a new watch every year on my birthday. She had grown up with watchmakers in the family, and the factory was just next door. Knowing everything about watches, she had always found the perfect one to suit me. The ones I loved the most were imaginative and modern, with really cutting-edge designs. 

My grandmother passed away several years ago, so I don't receive watches anymore, but treasure the ones that I still keep. Recently, I was searching for ideas on watch designs and found these mind-blowing images. It's amazing to see how far we've come with being able to keep track of time. From a simple stick in the ground, the sundial, a box of gears and pendulums, to the digital watch and beyond, these important objects of time measurement can take on almost any form that the imagination can come up with. 














No comments:

Post a Comment